As we near our second anniversary (!), I’ve been thinking about how fun it has been to be married to this dude. Here’s a list of stuff Guion is good at:
- Making great beer and great music.
- Dreaming big.
- Not complaining when Pyrrha wakes him up to go out at 3 a.m.
- Fixing stuff when it breaks.
- Reading my mind.
- Cheerfully taking care of all the little mundane, sundry errands and household tasks.
- Remembering to pay bills.
- Singing. Guys, he wakes up in the morning singing. No other human does that. No other human is that internally happy.
- Having the best name that no one can pronounce.
- Making friends.
- Being THE calmest. About everything.
- Defusing fights.
- Hanging out with babies.
- Finding something to appreciate in things that I would deem “low-brow” or “stupid.”
- Telling stories.
- Encouraging me to try new things.
- Improvising marinades and sauces in the kitchen.
- … and many other things that I can’t include here, because grandparents read this blog sometimes.
Guion! Man! You are the best.