The ol’ desert island conundrum! Ten books is pretty lavish. If my husband and a dog were a given, here are the top 10 books I’d request that Charles Widmore send me on the island:
- The Bible. Naturally.
- In Search of Lost Time–all of it! You could read it for the rest of your life. (Marcel Proust)
- Anna Karenina (Leo Tolstoy).
- To the Lighthouse (Virginia Woolf). It will always be new to me.
- Complete short stories of Anton Chekhov. Meditations on the human spirit when I am isolated from humans?
- Complete works of Shakespeare. We could perform on the beach!
- Infinite Jest (David Foster Wallace). I haven’t read it yet, but I know it’s a magnificent tome, so it suits the other members of this list.
- Middlemarch (George Eliot).
- The Corrections (Jonathan Franzen).
- East of Eden (John Steinbeck).